I love a stuffed baked potato. I love them at a steak house and I love them made at home. But… my love of such things has the scale groaning and inspired by Tammie’s incredible weight loss in 2012 I am determined to eat at least a little bit better this year!
So… it’s make-over time. I really wasn’t sure if this was going to be satisfying but I was pleasantly surprised.
Give it a try! You might be surprised too!
2 large baking potatoes, washed
cooking oil spray
4 tablespoons low-fat ranch dressing
4 teaspoons real bacon bits
4 tablespoons low-fat shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Trim the ends off of each potato.
- Cut each potato in half. (Cut them in half in the direction that will allow the potato half to stand on the trimmed end.)
- Lay out 4 small sheets of foil and lightly spray with oil.
- Wrap each potato in the foil with the oily side to the potato skin.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 40 minutes or until the potatoes are soft enough inside to scoop out.
- Remove from the oven and open the foil.
- Scoop out most of each potato leaving a little “bowl”.
- Mix the scooped out potato with the ranch dressing and bacon bits.
- Stuff this mixture back into the potatoes.
- Top each potato with 1 tablespoon of the cheese.
- Cut off the oven heat but return the potatoes to the oven for 5-6 minutes or until the cheese has melted nicely.