I don’t know what I like best about this recipe – either the chocolate-raspberry filling or the cute look of the finished result. Unlike real raviolis these are crisp and not soft. They were fun to make and fun to serve. I also experimented with some other fillings including a cheesecake mixture but for this post I am using Hershey’s chocolate bars and raspberry jelly. Take the Hershey’s bar and break up the marked off rectangles. Then break those rectangles in half. You will need two bars – 1 ½ for the recipe and the rest I’m sure won’t go to waste!
2 oz bittersweet baking chocolate
1 cup margarine, softened
½ cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 ½ cups flour
2 Hershey’s chocolate bars
6 tablespoons seedless raspberry jelly
- Melt the baking chocolate in a double boiler.
- Mix the butter and sugar well.
- Blend in the melted chocolate, almond extract and egg.
- Add flour gradually until a stiff dough forms.
- Refrigerate dough for 20 minutes.
- Roll out, ¼ of the dough at a time between wax paper sheets.
- Cut 1 ½ “ x 1 ½ “ squares (72 in all eventually).
- On a greased cookie sheet assemble ravioli by layering from the bottom up: 1 square of dough, ½ of a rectangle of Hershey’s chocolate, ½ teaspoon of raspberry jelly and then top with a square of dough.
- Take a fork and press all sides together with the tines forming the “ravioli”.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
For another bite-size chocolate treat try these Mini Choc-O-Cheesecakes.