It’s September and across the Carolinas football fans are getting ready for the best part of the game – TAILGATING of course! Whether you tailgate at a high school, college or pro game we are planning on helping you bring a dish that will be a crowd pleaser! This is one of my favorite treats so we’re going to kick-off our month of tailgating recipes with these BBQ pulled pork quesadillas. Serve with some sour cream and a salsa that I fix by mixing equal parts of salsa and BBQ sauce. Game on!
3 cups pulled pork BBQ
2 cups finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
8 8” tortillas
½ cup BBQ sauce
½ cup salsa
1 cup sour cream
- Heat a tortilla toaster or a skillet over medium high.
- For each of four tortillas top with ¾ cup of pulled pork, then ½ cup of grated cheese.
- Top with one each of the remaining four tortillas.
- Cook the tortillas in the toaster or in a greased hot skillet. In the case of the skillet turn the tortilla over once so that it is browned on both sides and the cheese has melted.
- Cut each assembled tortilla into 6 triangles.
- Optional: mix together the BBQ sauce and salsa for dipping. Serve the sauce along with sour cream for dipping.
Yield: 24 quesadillas
For another quesadilla recipe check out these Chicken Chili Quesadillas.