This is a recipe that my mom has been making for almost 40 years. What I love about it is that you use a blender AND it always turns out well. The original recipe came with a new blender and I’d give credit to the manufacturer but the blender is long gone. She has made hers for years with the pork sausage it recommended but I have used crab, chicken, broccoli and for today’s post; spinach and artichoke. One word of caution in using vegetables is to make sure that they are well drained and even patted a little extra dry. Give it a whirl – no pun intended
1 12 oz can undiluted evaporated milk (or 1 ½ cups light cream)
1 tablespoon flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 medium onion, cut into 8ths
1 ½ cups Swiss cheese, cubed
1 12 oz can artichokes, drained VERY well and chopped
1 cup fresh spinach leaves, uncooked
2 9” unbaked pie shells
- In the blender mix eggs, evaporated milk, flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg until well blended.
- Add onions and cheese and blend until smooth.
- Divide the artichokes and spinach between the two pie crusts.
- Pour the quiche batter into the two crusts dividing evenly.
- Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.